Turn 5 is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce retailers in the Greater Philadelphia area. Best known for our award-winning e-commerce platforms, AmericanMuscle.com, ExtremeTerrain.com and AmericanTrucks.com, we’ve been engaging car enthusiasts with exceptional products, services, and experiences since 2004.
Our purpose, however, extends beyond selling car parts. We have a commitment to creating meaningful customer experiences at every step of their journey. Whether it’s supplying a unique product that customizes the look and feel of their ride, providing thousands of educational videos for the DIYer or leveraging user generated content to inspire even the most experienced owner, we are obsessed with ensuring we reach as many like-minded gearheads across the globe.
To continue our growth path, we need a seasoned leader to lead, grow, and build our badass team of developers to keep us on the cutting edge. This is a diverse role that requires a blend of strong technical expertise along with hands on people management skills to operate as a player/coach in a fast paced, dynamic and agile environment.
You will be challenged to work both strategically and tactically in support of key initiatives and goals for our retail sites. One minute you might be identifying and recommending functionality, solutions, and new site features in support of a product release, the next minute reviewing code and coaching on best practices, and the next working collaboratively during a review to identify risks to a project’s success. Regardless of the task, it’s critical you have strong situational awareness and EQ as you’ll work with diverse stakeholders across the organization.
Year 1 is going to be about:
* Working with the Sr. Director of E-Commerce to define and execute the department growth plan
* Providing leadership, technical expertise, coaching and career development for individual contributors and leads
* Providing documentation needed for project planning/execution, and maintaining the technical debt queue for review Product Owner and department leadership
* Monitoring and managing capacity planning for the development team with the Product Owner
* Working with the development team and QA team to ensure site performance and up-time is monitored and addressed as issues occur.
We can’t skip over some of the specific skills and experience we know are a “must” to be successful. So, we need you to have:
* 5+ years of direct project and people management experience within a web application environment
* Previous experience with scaling an in-house development team of 10+ members
* Previous experience in managing outsourced partnerships for development work
* Experience managing Sr. level development talent and lead/management roles
* Working knowledge of Microsoft ASP.NET, C#, CSS, and JS (prior hands on development experience required)
* Strong knowledge of SDLC and process improvement strategies
* Strong knowledge of SCRUM and agile methodologies