The position is responsible for manual QA and support tasks related to the e-commerce websites, supporting services, and related applications. Individual will test these applications to make sure requirements are met and assist the development staff in troubleshooting found issues. This position reports to the QA Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of QA best practices and experience in an agile software development process
- Experience in testing across various platforms like Desktop and Mobile is required
- Experience in Mobile app testing
- Must be able to analyze requirements and escalate competing, unclear and non-testable requirements
- Must be able to develop test scenarios/test cases from requirements for multiple projects of varying sizes
- Must be able to mentor and review tasks performed by junior analysts.
- Experience with all aspects of testing like smoke, sanity, unit, integration and regression
- Experience in SQL Server to help identify data issues
- Experience in using defect management system like Jira, zendesk etc.
- Provide clear reports of the status of tests to allow other staff to see when issues arise
- Provide detail report of the status of tests
- Must be able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Ability to work independently or as part of a larger group
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
HOW YOU’LL SPEND TIME WITH US
- Participating in manual QA as necessary to help with sprint releases
- Analyzing requirements, creating test scenarios and test cases for self and junior QA analysts
- Participating in requirement analysis meetings to understand the business needs and to provide valuable feedback
- Identifying and reporting issues via the ticketing system with supporting documentation to assist the development team in understanding the issue
- Setting up test data for testing needs
- Mentoring junior QA analysts as needed
- Helping with pre-release and post-release testing
- Experience: 3-5 years of recent professional experience in related responsibilities, preferably in an e-commerce environment.