Turn 5 is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce retailers in the Greater Philadelphia area. Best known for our award-winning e-commerce platforms, AmericanMuscle.com, ExtremeTerrain.com and AmericanTrucks.com, we’ve been engaging car enthusiasts with exceptional products, services, and experiences since 2004.
Our purpose, however, extends beyond selling car parts. We have a commitment to creating meaningful customer experiences at every step of their journey. Whether it’s supplying a unique product that customizes the look and feel of their ride, providing thousands of educational videos for the DIYer or leveraging user generated content to inspire even the most experienced owner, we are obsessed with ensuring we reach as many like-minded gearheads across the globe.
To continue our growth, we are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team! Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this role is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Corporate Accounting workstream including the direct supervision of four Accountants, and support of the accounts payable group. The Accounting Manager will be charged with training, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; and resolving problems. The Accounting Manager should possess a strong desire to learn and grow professionally, improve upon inherited work product, and take on additional responsibilities in a fast paced, growth environment.
Year 1 is going to be about:
- Oversees and manages the corporate accounting functions including general ledger accounting and reporting, treasury and cash management, fixed asset and prepaid expense accounting, and accounts payable.
- Provides day to day supervision and guidance to assigned staff; completing higher risk and higher complexity tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Responsible for some standard and complex monthly journal entries.
- Manages monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement closing activities including the timely reconciliation and/or review of all balance sheet accounts, the preparation of related financial statements, and various ad hoc reports.
- Manages the preparation, review, and analysis of actual vs. planned results to include partnering with the FP&A team in communication of results and relevant drivers to business unit partners.
- Primary liaise with the Company's independent auditors in their quarterly cycle counting procedures and annual financial statement audit.
- Assists in the monitoring and maintenance of cash/liquidity and ongoing compliance with bank lending requirements.
- Ensures the efficient operation of the accounts payable function including the payment of all Company invoices in an accurate/timely fashion.
- Assists in the identification, analysis, and implementation of revenue generating or expense saving opportunities in the Company.
- Assists in the assessment, design, and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting and other business process improvements.
- Performs other duties as required to support the Finance Department including systems implementations, testing, and support.
We can’t skip over some of the specific skills and experience we know are a “must” to be successful. So, we need you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CMA or MBA a plus but not required
- 6+ years accounting experience including 2+ years supervisory experience
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel as well as data management and analysis
- Proficiency in Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to work in accounting systems, specifically Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus
- Logical thinker with strong analytical, problem solving and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate financial issues with non-financial professionals of all levels including executive.
- Ability to meet deadlines as well as excellent short and long-term planning techniques
- Ability to work independently and seek out necessary support and information to meet expectations
- Open to change and committed to continuous process improvement
- High degree of personal integrity
- Effective team player with a positive demeanor and a customer-centric focus