Under the supervision of the Merchandise Manager, the Associate Merchandise Manager will aid in the management of product categories by owning assigned vendor relationships and performing the Merchandise Management function with those suppliers. Ultimately, the Associate Merchandise Manager, following the strategy as directed by the Merchandise Manager, will leverage vendor relationships to maximize growth of assigned product categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage & Develop assigned vendor relationships to grow category revenue and profitability within Merchandise Manager’s strategy
- Evaluate and execute merchandising and promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy
- Execute assigned projects prioritized based on business, revenue and profit impact
- Identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share.
- Coordinates and resolves issues with warehouse, receiving, and accounting
- Support the management of and report on supplier performance, taking corrective actions where necessary
- Researches and compiles historical data and competitive analysis
- Adhoc analysis and report building including sales analysis
- Performs other related duties/projects as assigned by manager
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE (Special skills, knowledge of machines, procedures, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Oral and written communication, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- 1-3 years in a marketing or merchandise management function or related experience and/or expertise
- Candidates must possess knowledge of sales and merchandise management practices and principles
- Experience in project management, market analysis and pricing analysis is preferred
- Possess the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple ongoing projects
- A desire to learn and succeed in the strategic function of merchandise management