Turn 5 is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce retailers in the Greater Philadelphia area. Best known for our award-winning e-commerce platforms, AmericanMuscle.com, ExtremeTerrain.com and AmericanTrucks.com, we’ve been engaging car enthusiasts with exceptional products, services, and experiences since 2004.
Our purpose, however, extends beyond selling car parts. We have a commitment to creating meaningful customer experiences at every step of their journey. Whether it’s supplying a unique product that customizes the look and feel of their ride, providing thousands of educational videos for the DIYer or leveraging user generated content to inspire even the most experienced owner, we are obsessed with ensuring we reach as many like-minded gearheads across the globe.
We are looking for a Corporate Staff Accountant to join our growing team. The Corporate Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for providing various accounting and financial support services. Majority focus will be accounting for, reconciling, analyzing, and reporting sales (and returns), cost of goods sold, and operating expenses. Other items of responsibility include various accounts receivables management, various accruals & balance sheet reserves, and other accounting duties as assigned. The Corporate Staff Accountant should possess a strong desire to learn and grow professionally, improve upon inherited work product, and take on additional responsibilities.
Year 1 is going to be about:
- Complete month end financial close and reporting for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Record journal entries and ensure the accuracy of information through monthly analysis and reconciliation of assigned income statement and balance sheet and accounts.
- Proactively identify and resolve any issues or reconciling items related to assigned accounts.
- Analyze gross margin: net sales and cost of goods sold, including comparisons to budget, forecast, and prior period results.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure proper accounting for operating expenses.
- Compile, analyze, and deliver departmental income statements.
- Prepare and maintain schedules and reconciliations related to vendor receivables & bad debt allowances, deferred revenues, accrued royalties, and inventory reserves.
- Liaise with accounts payable as required to identify and resolve any issues or discrepancies related to vendor receivables and credits.
- Assist in identifying and resolving accounting and control issues related to business and process changes, as well as provide feedback on potential areas of process improvement.
- Assist in the completion of ERP system integration.
- Assist in the completion of annual financial statement audit of the Company’s consolidated results/position.
- Perform other duties as required to support the Finance Department.
We can’t skip over some of the specific skills and experience we know are a “must” to be successful. So, we need you to have:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration with an accounting concentration.
- Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of general accounting experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with and Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with the analysis of financial and numeric data.
- Ability to communicate with all levels including executive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Open to change and committed to continuous process improvement.
- High degree of personal integrity
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a positive demeanor and a customer-centric focus.