Turn5, Inc. is seeking a talented Vice President, Distribution & Logistics based in Kansas City, Kansas to lead its multiple national distribution facilities. Reporting to the President, CEO, the Vice President, Distribution & Logistics will hold ultimate responsibility for all warehousing, safety, shipping, and supply chain activities to ensure timely and efficient fulfillment of customer orders and achievement of corporate strategic objectives.
If you’re looking to take your career to the next level, keep reading, if not; keep us in mind for future opportunities.
Turn5, Inc. in a nutshell
High energy, fast-paced yet a relaxed environment best sum up our work culture. We are one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the Greater Philadelphia area, owning and operating three award winning e-commerce platforms.
Our team members are highly analytical with a desire to constantly challenge the status quo and think way outside the box. We foster an environment for employees to flourish and drive impactful results both for the business and themselves.
Key Role Requirements
- Education: Undergraduate degree in business or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Three to five years of supervisory experience in a related high-volume distribution center environment.
- Superior leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of personal computers and facility with common business applications, including both spreadsheet and word processing software (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.)
- Sound business judgment, grounded in quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic, characterized by initiative, drive, and goal orientation
How you’ll spend your time with us
- Develops long-term and short-term functional operating plans (goals, objectives, action plans, and budgets), and controls functional resources and activities to advance the overall corporate agenda.
- Designs, implements, and constantly improves material handling, inventory control, and shipping processes to optimize throughput, minimize cost/investment, and satisfy customer demand.
- Demonstrates foresight and vision in identifying opportunities for expansion and improvement of scalable fulfillment operations. Develops plans that provide for adequate, cost-effective capacity to support company growth.
- Exhibits a commitment to excellence and to superior customer service – both external and internal – in every aspect of the fulfillment function.
- Directs and actively manages a warehouse staff currently consisting of full-time, part-time, and seasonal staff to optimize efficiency.
- Recruits, trains, and develops warehouse and managerial staff to build an effective and stable organization capable of executing operating plans and achieving both company and department objectives.
- Expands the adoption and utilization of the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and related operating/information systems to improve productivity, streamline distribution processes, and achieve operating performance objectives.
- Reports and analyzes the results of fulfillment operations on a regular periodic basis to senior management and recommends corrective action to improve future results.
- Negotiates contract terms, conditions, and prices with both parcel and freight carriers to improve customer service and reduce transportation costs.
- Fosters a safe, clean, and hospitable work environment for all employees.
- Actively communicates, coordinates, and cooperates with other departments to optimize customer satisfaction, throughput, and efficiency.
- Proactively manages relationships with outside service providers to achieve the best relationship of price to performance, while cultivating strong stable vendor relationships.
- Controls all inventory-related costs, including costs related to customer returns, as well as slow-moving / obsolete / damaged merchandise.
- Manages fulfillment-related production functions including wheel and tire mount/balance operations and miscellaneous packaging operations.
What you get in return
- Opportunity to impact business decision making within booming e-commerce company
- Competitive compensation package based on experience
- Ability to “own” projects
- No bureaucratic red tape
- 401(k) program with up to 4% company match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Mustang, Jeep Wrangler, F-150, Sierra & Silverado Reimbursement Program